Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Jesus, I had plans

I started my new job. It's good, but in some ways, different from what I had expected. Or maybe I mean different from what I had planned. It's only been half a day so it's hard to say what I think, because I don't know enough yet to make that judgment. I think these first couple of months will be trying for me until I begin my own work at my own clinic with Hispanics. I believe that this is what God wants for me, but it's hard to let go of my own vision and see things through His eyes. I know I have a lot to give, I just need to learn to be okay to give it in whatever setting I find myself in.

Today it's especially hard because it's over 70 degrees and the smell of diesel in the air is overwhelming, so that I can't help but wish for Costa Rica. I need some Costa Ricans in my life.

I went to Ohio last week and had one of the best visits ever with Jess and Jarod. I miss them so much and sometimes I have to laugh because I love them equally. I love spending time with them together and talking about so many things. I feel so comfortable with them because they know me completely, inside and out, and even if we don't agree on things it doesn't matter, because they love me. I am so proud of who they've become and what they are accomplishing in Ohio. That's one of my other life plans: to one day live in the same city with them again. I hope it works out soon.

I got to visit the school for immigrant women where Abby is working, and I've added it to the list of "Organizations I'll support when I have a lot of money." I'm proud of her for giving 120% of herself when she only gets paid to give 50%. All ministries need people like her, who do their best because that's what they do, and it doesn't matter if the time or money is there to support it.

Even though I have to work today, all I keep thinking is that I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see the election results. I hope Indiana pulls through for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Jesus, I had plans." Indeed. Isn't it amazing how we still haven't learned to just save ourselves the time and trouble of making the plans? I stress over the plans so much all the while knowing God has it covered.

You are going to be such a BIG blessing at the Little Clinic.